Francis Battista from Best Friends Animal Society is such a great writer.
I read his blog regularly and am always impressed by the way he can express emotional topics/feelings in such a clear and straight-forward manner.
He doesn’t shy away from addressing very controversial topics either. This latest post about Michael Vick announcing he will be getting a dog for his kids now that his 3 years of being barred from dog ownership are expiring:
“Best Friends is often asked if we think Vick should be allowed to own another dog. While his eligibility for dog ownership is a matter of law, imagine, if you would, what it would be like reading through a potential dog adoption application from Michael Vick:
- Have you had a dog before? Yes
- If yes, how many? Lots
- Do you still have a dog(s)? No
- If you have had dogs in the past, please let us know their current disposition. Dead or confiscated by federal authorities.
- If you no longer have other dogs, please let us know what happened to them. Some I sold to dog fighters, some I had my cousin electrocute or shoot, some I personally strangled, drowned or body-slammed to death.
- Why do you want to get a dog at this time? Because I served my time and kids want a dog.
OK, thank you, Michael. We’ll get back to you on your application.”
you can read the rest of the article here: